Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring (core, web, mvc, etc) 3.0.2.RELEASE compatibility with Spring Social 1.0.0.M2 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring (core, web, mvc, etc) 3.0.2.RELEASE compatibility with Spring Social 1.0.0.M2

I am trying the spring social libraries and I have ran into a problem with using them with Spring (core, web, mvc, security) 3.0.2.RELEASE. Below if the exception I get when trying to POST a tweet.

I am using version 3.0.2.RELEASE of spring-web.jar and I did verify that class ClientHttpRequest does not have a getURI method.

Is there something I am doing wrong or is there an issue with the library?

Thanks,
    Scott.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.http.client.ClientHttpRequest. getURI()Ljava/net/URI;
    at org.springframework.social.oauth1.Spring30OAuth1Re questFactory$OAuth1SigningRequest.getURI(Spring30O Auth1RequestFactory.java:91)
    at org.springframework.social.oauth1.SigningUtils.spr ing30buildAuthorizationHeaderValue(SigningUtils.ja va:77)
    at org.springframework.social.oauth1.Spring30OAuth1Re questFactory$OAuth1SigningRequest.execute(Spring30 OAuth1RequestFactory.java:84)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExec ute(RestTemplate.java:438)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.execut e(RestTemplate.java:401)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.postFo rEntity(RestTemplate.java:302)
    at org.springframework.social.twitter.TwitterTemplate .updateStatus(TwitterTemplate.java:138)
    at org.springframework.social.twitter.TwitterTemplate .updateStatus(TwitterTemplate.java:131)
    at
    Last edited by sdever; Mar 31st, 2011, 10:57 PM.

You're right. The getURI() method wasn't in Spring 3.0.2. It was added in Spring 3.0.3. So, it looks like you're one version behind what you'd need to be at.

Comment

I have upgraded to Spring 3.0.5 and I have gotten further. However I am still getting an error, but my tweet did make it to twitter. Progress!

Thanks again for your help!
      Scott.

Here is the exception:

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletExceptio n: Request processing failed; nested exception is org.springframework.web.client.RestClientException : Could not extract response: no suitable HttpMessageConverter found for response type [java.util.Map] and content type [application/json;charset=utf-8]
      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.p rocessRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:656)
      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.d oGet(FrameworkServlet.java:549)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:617)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:717)

Comment

Hi,

Current Spring Social references/samples work with Spring 3.1 .
        Could you please post any implementation reference that will work with Spring 3.0.5 ?

Regards,
        Ray.

Comment

Good point. I will provide a Spring 3.0.5 based sample soon and let you know.

Comment

Okay, the spring-social-extending-existing-api sample now depends on Spring 3.0.5 instead of 3.1.0.M2. Since Maven favors the nearest dependency, this was just a matter of changing the Spring version. If this were built with Gradle, which favors newest dependencies, I'd have had to do a bit more to force the 3.0.5 dependency (probably using "force=true" on the Spring dependency).

Comment

Thank you for the (quick) change. Highly appreciated.
              Would it be possible to have also "main stream" projects like the quick-start or the show-case to work with 3.0.5? (Maybe have 2 projects - one with snapshot builds and the other with latest stable version)

The issues I had were:
              - Having Spring Security 3.0.4 with Spring Social (some maven dependencies errors)
              - Using examples in quick-start / show-case which utilize objects that does not exist in Spring 3.0.5 (Objects which do not appear in the spring-social-extending-existing-api project).

Kindly would like to here you input.

Regards,
              Ray.

Comment

Ray,
                We created a spring-social-quickstart-30x project that's Spring Framework 3.0.5 compatible and can also be used as a point of comparison to see what's changed between 3.0.x and 3.1. The standard spring-social-quickstart remains on 3.1. See https://github.com/SpringSource/spring-social-samples.

Keith

Comment

Working...
                X