Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Spring MVC required ?

Hi,
    First, the social showcase is neat and a great demonstratation
    I am thinking about using Spring social into our on project (Silverpeas) but we are not using Spring MVC. I was wondering if spring mvc is required to handle the OAUTH redirections ?

Spring MVC is not strictly required, but is needed if you plan to use ConnectController to handle the OAuth handshake between your app and the provider. But that doesn't necessarily mean that your app has to use Spring MVC for it's web layer--you can have Spring MVC there just for ConnectController's sake and use another framework for the rest of your app.

Another option is to create an analog of ConnectController in your chosen web framework, but leverage OAuth1Template and/or OAuth2Template to handle the finer details of working with OAuth. This is a bit more involved than just using ConnectController, but is an option to consider if including Spring MVC is not an option for you. If you decide to go this route, let me encourage you to share what you come up with with the community--especially if your chosen web framework is popular and you think others may benefit from it.
    Last edited by habuma; Mar 21st, 2011, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
      I think I'll stay with Spring MVC for now as we don't use a 'classic' web framework (they just didn't exist when the project was written)
      I will look into this and give you some feedbacks as soon as I have something working

Comment

Working...
      X