X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions About the Movie Club Case

With the M2, I am wondering how the following case can happen: "when offering suggestions, the movie club could factor in the movies that his Facebook friends liked"? I assume to know whether people like a movie on FB is to see whether any wall posts with a favor comment or not. You can access someone's FB friends, but not anyone's wall with the current FB API.

It's true that FacebookApi doesn't currently (in 1.0.0.M2) support the ability to retrieve a user's likes or favorite movies. Facebook's Graph API does expose such information, though. For example I can retrieve my list of favorite movies with https://graph.facebook.com/habuma/movies (given a proper access token, of course). But FacebookApi/FacebookTemplate do not yet support his call. In fact, one of the goals for M3 will be to flesh out those API interfaces to better cover what is possible through Facebook and Twitter.

That said, the introduction story is just a narrative of a potential data-sharing scenario. It does not (yet) necessarily represent what FacebookApi offers in 1.0.0.M2.

Comment

Originally posted by habuma View Post

In fact, one of the goals for M3 will be to flesh out those API interfaces to better cover what is possible through Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks Craig for your information. I hope that FB page will be accessible with M3 so that users can post a message on their pages as well as their account walls. I also hope to be able to retrieve a FB user account's activities and interests data in a upcoming Spring Social project.

Comment

Working...
      X