Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purpose of the AccountIdResolver

Hi All

Just working with the latest snap shots of Spring Social and am struggling to see the purpose of AccountIdResolver interface.

Looking at classes FacebookShowcaseAccountIdResolver or TwitterSampleAccountIdResolver it makes no sense to me what it's supposed to resolve from and to.

Excuse my lack of understanding been in front of a computer for the last 14 hours, brain is a bit of a mash!

Thank you

Gary

The AccountIdResolver is used by the ConnectController to obtain the current user's account id. This is necessary to use the ServiceProvider framework, since you're asking the application to connect to a ServiceProvider in order to invoke a service API on behalf of the user. In the "connect" branch where a lot of work is going on, we've moved this interface to the spring-social-webmvc module.

Keith

Comment

Seems in all the examples, it just returns 1L. So I think there's some confusion, at least to me, what constitutes the "current user's account id".

Comment

Yeah, the current examples don't yet have a User Account Management module, so the current account id is just hard-coded for the time being.

Keith

Comment

Working...
        X