Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Unexpected behavior on Twitter Spring Social Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unexpected behavior on Twitter Spring Social

    Hi guys! In my office we've been using the Spring Social project in several of our projects. And we really like it.

    But since Twitter changed to the Twitter Rest API 1.1 (TRA) we noticed some unexpected behaviours in the Twitter Spring Social (TSS) library.

    We compared the results of queries returned by TSS with the results returned by the requests made with the Apigee tool (a tool for build requests to a lot of services, including Twitter - http://apigee.com/). We found out that the results were inconsistent. In general, the TSS requests are returning less documents.

    Investigating the requests built by the TSS we realized that, in the endpoint of the library they are essencially the same. I mean that looking close to the HttpRequest objects we can see that the TSS and the Apigee tool are building the same HTTP request to the Twitter Rest API.

    Is there any explanation for this behaviour? Does the TSS filter some results? Maybe this is an issue due to the changes of the TRA 1.1?

    I'll apreciate any help here!

    Best Regards,
    Lucas Saldanha

  • #2
    TSS does not filter any results. But I'd be curious to know *specifically* what query you're doing with both TSS and Apigee as well as the difference in results.

    I do know that search tends to be a non-exact science when working with Twitter's API and Twitter even claims that you may not get *everything* back. I've experienced this behavior with Twitter's own iPhone app where I *know* a recent tweet had some content in it, but searching found nothing. But if there is something I can do to help address your concern, I'd like to try. I just need some test data and query to work with.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by habuma View Post
      TSS does not filter any results. But I'd be curious to know *specifically* what query you're doing with both TSS and Apigee as well as the difference in results.

      I do know that search tends to be a non-exact science when working with Twitter's API and Twitter even claims that you may not get *everything* back. I've experienced this behavior with Twitter's own iPhone app where I *know* a recent tweet had some content in it, but searching found nothing. But if there is something I can do to help address your concern, I'd like to try. I just need some test data and query to work with.
      Unfortunately I lost the query which we noticed the unexpected behaviour. Anyway I talked to our testers about these non-exact results and they will deal with it.

      Thanks for your help! Best regards!

      Comment

      Working...
      X