Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Events in Facebook using Spring Social

Hello,

I am developing an application using Spring Social that will be integrated in Facebook. For this app I want to use the Facebook Event model to create an event and I want to define different privacy levels (like it will be visible to a group that the user is part of, private or to specific friends defined by the app user). I have consulted the Spring Social and I have noticed that it allows me to create an event by defining only the title, start date and end date while an event in Facebook consists also on start and end time, location, description and the most important defining the privacy.
    Is there another way of defining these other properties for an event using Facebook Spring Social?
    Thank you in advance, and I am looking forward for your response!

Is that possible at all?

Originally posted by Ledia View Post
    Hello,

I am developing an application using Spring Social that will be integrated in Facebook. For this app I want to use the Facebook Event model to create an event and I want to define different privacy levels (like it will be visible to a group that the user is part of, private or to specific friends defined by the app user). insanity fit test I have consulted the Spring Social and I have noticed that it allows me to create an event by defining only the title, start date and end date while an event in Facebook consists also on start and end time, location, description and the most important defining the privacy.
    Is there another way of defining these other properties for an event using Facebook Spring Social?
    Thank you in advance, and I am looking forward for your response!
    Last edited by LINDA89; Jul 11th, 2013, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Actually, the createEvent() method accepts the event's name, and start and end times (not just dates). But you're correct that it would be handy for it to support those other properties such as location and privacy settings as well.

I've created https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIALFB-127 to track this. No promises, but I *might* get it into the 1.1.0.M3 build (which I'm shooting for in the next week)...otherwise, I'll make sure it happens for 1.1.0.M4 (next month).

Comment

Working...
      X