Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB: Posting a photo to a Page Timeline without an Album ID.

I'm not sure if this is expected behavior but it works consistently and seems to align with what the Graph API docs say so I figured I'd share. When using either of the following methods:

PageOperations.postPhoto(pageId, albumId, photo)
    PageOperations.postPhoto(pageId, albumId, photo, caption)

You can pass the pageId as the albumId and a "Timeline Photos" album will be created to contain the photo. Subsequent calls to the same method (still passing pageId as the albumId) results in the previously created "Timeline Photos" album being used. Basically you don't have to worry about duplicate albums being created.

I didn't really care what album my photo got posted into and was struggling with how to hide that option/requirement from my users. This way worked great.

If anyone thinks this is going to fall apart for some reason, I'd love to hear why.

Mike

Sounds like a potentia improvmentl for an overloaded postPhoto() method that doesn't require an albumId. By all means, create an improvement issue at https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIALFB or (even better) submit a pull request and I'll make sure it gets in.

Comment

Working...
    X