Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Is it possible to use one FB API key for both FB apps - canvas/fb login ? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to use one FB API key for both FB apps - canvas/fb login ?

Hi all.
    does someone has that experience with Spring Social?
    I have app working in 'canvas mode', so I have some URLs are configured that way in FB app.

Now I want to add 'FB login' functionality. As I suppose I need to register anothee FB APP/API keys. Is that correct?
    Can use the same API key for both cases? If I need another FB app to be registered, is that possible to use second Spring stuff in one Web app?

I'm unclear on what you're asking. Are you wanting to add FB Login functionality to a *different* app or to the canvas app?

If it's a different app, then you certainly should obtain a new API key/secret. It's just a good idea in general, plus I believe it's in accordance with FB's usage guidelines.

If it's the same app as the canvas app, then I wonder why you'd need FB login functionality when FB canvas apps have a built-in authentication mechanism (where the currently authenticated FB user is also authenticated into the canvas app).

Please provide more details and I'll try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by habuma View Post
      I'm unclear on what you're asking. Are you wanting to add FB Login functionality to a *different* app or to the canvas app?
      If it's a different app, then you certainly should obtain a new API key/secret. It's just a good idea in general, plus I believe it's in accordance with FB's usage guidelines.
      FB Login to canvas app. Looks like it's possible on FB side because they have config params:
      - Website with Facebook Login. Site URL: That one is for FB Login if I'm not mistaken... correct?
      and
      - App on Facebook
      Canvas Page: + Canvas URL: + Secure Canvas URL: + etc...

Originally posted by habuma View Post
      If it's the same app as the canvas app, then I wonder why you'd need FB login functionality when FB canvas apps have a built-in authentication mechanism (where the currently authenticated FB user is also authenticated into the canvas app).
      Please provide more details and I'll try to help.
      I have requirements to have app to be runnable as canvas app. I've already done that by mapping that stuff to /canvas/ URL in web app).
      AND additionally I have to provide FB Login, so user could register new account using such way and could use web-app on third party web site being registered via FB. So I wonder If I'm missing something...?

Looks like FB permit using the same API keys for both cases. Now I think if that possible to make using current Spring Social code?

Now I'm trying to integrate FB Login using SocialAuthenticationFilter. I'm stuck with configuring spring-security part but that's a technical part I'm not asking now.

Comment

Graig,
        is there available example of using 'SocialAuthenticationFilter' for FB login integration in Spring Social sources? I don't see such stuff.
        I know Yuan Ji did that and I'm trying to incorporate his approach. I've stumbled with difficulties to initialize all necessary components properly. A spring mongodb repository bean in my code is initialized too late for proper 'security' start up.
        I'm using example from thread:
        http://forum.springsource.org/showth...i-cationFilter

If I got it, there is no example using 'SocialAuthenticationFilter' except code written by Yuan Ji. Is it correct? Do you have such example or I have to use another approach by using Spring Social example?

Comment

Did you not see https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...l-showcase-sec ?

Comment

I have questions.

1. What's the difference between methods: set ConnectionAddedRedirectUrl, PostLoginUrl ? How do they affect filter behaviour ?
            2. How and when works SignupUrl parameter? I assigned value to it, but I don't see it was used.
            3. Is there a way to fix/update filter's behaviour when user click 'Cancel' button on asking permissions for FB/Google app ? User always gets back to asking app permissions page.

Comment

Graig, can you answer ??

Comment

Working...
              X