Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post a checkin with a link

Hi everybody,

I want to post a checkin on facebook with a link instead of the map.

I use for checkin that :

Code:
    String checkinId = placesOperations.checkin(placeId, 74.847096470314, 25.24894733453, message);
    Any other way to post a checkin with another content ?

Well, there are 3 different checkin() methods, but for what you're trying to do there's nothing...yet.

Actually, Facebook is soon going to deprecate the current API endpoints for checking in and all checkins will need to be performed as OpenGraph operations. It's on my TODO list to revisit PlacesTemplate and make sure that it's up-to-date with the latest stuff Facebook is doing. When I do, I'll keep your question in mind and see if I can offer additional operations. Anything specific you're wanting to do?

Comment

Hi and thank you for your fast response,

Can i just want to learn how do that. Any other way for performing a chekcin like that

i see i can do a checkin with /me/checkin and past object parameters.

But i don't understand how perform fql operation with spring social.

If someone have an idea.

Comment

I find a way to post a checkin with a link

/PROFILE_ID/feed Publish a new post on the given profile's timeline. Note: requires publish permissions for the targeted profile. message, picture, link, name, caption, description, source, place, tags

But the api feedoperation doesn't allow to do that with the version 1.1.0.M2 just 3 type of POST

public String post(String ownerId, String message)
        public String postLink(String message, FacebookLink link)
        public String postLink(String ownerId, String message, FacebookLink link)

How i can override the comportement for adding place and link ?

Comment

Right...that's another thing on my TODO list. I am planning on creating a new post() method that takes an object containing anything that might be in a post, including a message, a link, a place,...whatever. You can build up that object using a fluent builder API. That way I don't need to override the post() method everytime I need a way to post some other element of a link.

But, that's not there now. I've had this in mind for a long time, but I just now formalized it by creating this issue: https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIALFB-118.

Comment

Working...
          X