X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we still on M2 as the latest?

Thanks, I was just doing some Spring cleaning (Wow pun intended there and it worked well)

Anyway, cleaning up some poms because I have so much Spring dependencies that have Spring dependencies that my build in all our projects ends up downloading 3-5 versions of Core Spring. We are trying to keep everything on Spring 3.2.1, but in the one project where we have Spring Social, it seems to download another Spring version. But it also can be from Spring Security. Just wanted an update on how things are going here.

Thanks

Mark

For the moment, yes. I'm very near a point where I can push a 1.1.0.M3 release, but there is still some testing and minor refinements to work out. Unfortunately my progress has been slowed (but *NOT* stopped) due to other priorities. But as soon as I can find a few solid days to focus on it, I'll be pushing a 1.1.0.M3 release as soon as I possibly can.

The main things in 1.1.0.M3 are automatic token renewal (for expired/revoked tokens) and Twitter streaming. Much of the work already exists in the daily snapshot builds, so I'd welcome any feedback I can get on it to let me know if I'm on the right track or not. Feedback (and help in testing) from the community will go a long way toward getting this out the door faster.

Comment

Eager to start testing!

Comment

Originally posted by mschipperheyn View Post
        Eager to start testing!
        Then, by all means...go for it! The latest stuff is in the snapshot builds, so give it a go and let me know what you find.

Comment

@habuma

Holy cow, will the automatic token renewal be available for Facebook as well??!! (because I know they didn't support that before)

Comment

Originally posted by Dvs8r View Post
            Holy cow, will the automatic token renewal be available for Facebook as well??!! (because I know they didn't support that before)
            Yes. It doesn't require any specific support from Facebook (or any other provider) to accomplish the renewal. It simply detects that the token is no longer any good (expired or revoked) and then sends the user back through the authorization flow to obtain a new token. In the case of Facebook (and probably other OAuth2 providers), the authorization is probably still good (even if the token is not) and so the browser will be immediately redirected back to the client without troubling the user to authorize again. This is, in fact, how Facebook says you should renew a token (since they don't support refresh tokens).

For other OAuth2 providers, the ideal choice is to exchange a refresh token for an access token. That's a separate issue that I've not worked yet. But this redirect approach will probably still work even with those who support refresh tokens.

The automatic token renewal is already in the latest snapshot builds. As with all of the work being done on Spring Social, it is very helpful if the community can try out the snapshot builds and let me know how it works for you.

Comment

@habuma,

That's awesome thanks! And will do on the try out!

-CH

Comment

FWIW, due to one stubborn attempt to continue spamming this particular thread, I'm closing this thread for new comments. If anyone wishes to seriously discuss the topics here, please open a new thread.

Comment

Working...
                X