Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using spring social to just sign in

Hi,

I want to use spring social to manage the signin and authorization process with an exernal app (EX) using OAuth2

I don't use any of their API but I need to delegate the login to that page, so any used logged in at EX will be be logged in at my app.

I want to know if I must develop the whole spring-social-EX package even if I just want to do the basic authentication flow and will not call to anything else, or if there is any option to just use a generic OAuth 2.0 api to do the same thing.

I know this is a strange use case as usually you will want to retrieve at least the user info, but that is not the case and I want it to be as simple as possible.

The API binding stuff is optional. For your case, you can probably get away with only implementing the connection factory, service provider, and API adapter classes (which are all really simple to implement).

That said, the API adapter will need *something* for it to latch onto. You can make that as minimal as necessary for your needs, but you'll need something that at least resembles an API binding (even if it doesn't fully implement one).

Comment

Working...
    X