Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mix of facebook login and traditional spring security login?

Hi,

I am wondering how this use case would work: I want users to log in using facebook login but I want some of the users (like administrators or power users) to be provisioned locally and authenticate through traditional Spring Security login.

How would I go about doing this? Is there a Spring Social example that demonstrates this use case?

Thanks.

Well, I assume that since the users have not logged in yet, you won't know if they're regular users or admin users. So, you'd need to offer a login page with both options. (Or possibly have a secret login page for admins so that you don't bother regular users with it.)

The Spring Social Showcase samples (at https://github.com/SpringSource/spring-social-samples) show exactly that. The signin page has both a traditional username/password form as well as buttons for signing in with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. And they're all using Spring Security under the covers for user management. The two showcase projects whose name has "sec" in it are also taking advantage of SocialAuthenticationFilter, a relatively new filter in Spring Social that plugs directly into Spring Security's filter chain.

Comment

@habuma: Thank you for your response. So it seems any of the samples would demonstrate what I am talking about. I will look into them.

Comment

Working...
      X