Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Bug HTTP Error 405 in Spring Canvas in 1.1.0.M2 and not in 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bug HTTP Error 405 in Spring Canvas in 1.1.0.M2 and not in 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT

    Bug HTTP Error 405 in Spring Canvas in 1.1.0.M2 and not in 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT

    Steps to recreate error 1.1.0.M2->

    1. Log out of Facebook
    2. Go to http://apps.facebook.com/springsocialcanvas/
    3. Enter user credential
    4. Error is recreated

    Can someone help in fixing the issue?

  • #2
    This is an interesting bug. I tried your steps *several* times and had no problems at all, with either Spring Social 1.1.0.M2 or 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT. But then I switched browsers (I had been using Chrome and switched to Safari) and I got the 405 one time...but not again. I also tried this with Firefox and Camino, but wasn't able to recreate it.

    Perhaps you could provide more details. Which browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

    Honestly, I have no idea why this would be browser-specific, but it was only with Safari that I was able to recreate it...and even then only one time.

    You also indicate that this isn't a problem when running against 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT. I'm unclear what might have changed to impact the flow of CanvasSignInController, but again it is curious.

    If there's *any* more details you can provide to help me recreate (and ultimately fix) this, please let me know.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by habuma View Post
      This is an interesting bug. I tried your steps *several* times and had no problems at all, with either Spring Social 1.1.0.M2 or 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT. But then I switched browsers (I had been using Chrome and switched to Safari) and I got the 405 one time...but not again. I also tried this with Firefox and Camino, but wasn't able to recreate it.

      Perhaps you could provide more details. Which browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

      Honestly, I have no idea why this would be browser-specific, but it was only with Safari that I was able to recreate it...and even then only one time.

      You also indicate that this isn't a problem when running against 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT. I'm unclear what might have changed to impact the flow of CanvasSignInController, but again it is curious.

      If there's *any* more details you can provide to help me recreate (and ultimately fix) this, please let me know.
      I can recreate issues in Chrome Version 26.0.1410.43 and IE on a windows 7 pc. i think the redirect back from facebook is a get request the issue happens. I checked the http requests. Maybe we can do a webex so I can recreate the error for you?
      Last edited by asajnani; Apr 5th, 2013, 12:50 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Update: I managed to get it to give me a 405 again in Safari (although I'm not sure what I did...it just happened to do it again). More specifically, it gave me a 405 with "https://localhost:8443/spring-social-canvas/canvas/" in the address box.

        I find this quite curious, for many reasons...Most of all, it's actually quite accurate. The GET method is not supported at that endpoint. So yeah, I'd expect a 405.

        The real question is *WHY* does is a GET request for https://localhost:8443/spring-social-canvas/canvas/ even submitted? What series of events lead to it? Why isn't Facebook doing a POST to that address, with a signed request, and in an iframe? Is this a quirk/bug on Facebook's end or is it something that CanvasSignInController should be expecting and handling correctly?

        Obviously, more research is in order. I'm just reporting what I've found thus far.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by habuma View Post
          Update: I managed to get it to give me a 405 again in Safari (although I'm not sure what I did...it just happened to do it again). More specifically, it gave me a 405 with "https://localhost:8443/spring-social-canvas/canvas/" in the address box.

          I find this quite curious, for many reasons...Most of all, it's actually quite accurate. The GET method is not supported at that endpoint. So yeah, I'd expect a 405.

          The real question is *WHY* does is a GET request for https://localhost:8443/spring-social-canvas/canvas/ even submitted? What series of events lead to it? Why isn't Facebook doing a POST to that address, with a signed request, and in an iframe? Is this a quirk/bug on Facebook's end or is it something that CanvasSignInController should be expecting and handling correctly?

          Obviously, more research is in order. I'm just reporting what I've found thus far.
          My bad . I am getting same error with 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT also. I am getting s
          ame error using 1E 10 on a Windows 8 PC.
          Last edited by asajnani; Apr 5th, 2013, 04:28 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have hosted a sample canvas app http://apps.facebook.com/cof-apps/ and can recreate the issue on any browser. I can't launch the canvas app on my phone event after logging into Facebook due to the 405 error.
            Last edited by asajnani; Apr 5th, 2013, 04:50 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Okay, thanks for the more info. That might help sort this out. It sounds like it's not related to browsers or snapshot vs. M2. More investigation is in order.

              I'll take a deeper look. In the meantime, could you create a bug issue at https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIALFB to track this? Thanks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by habuma View Post
                Okay, thanks for the more info. That might help sort this out. It sounds like it's not related to browsers or snapshot vs. M2. More investigation is in order.

                I'll take a deeper look. In the meantime, could you create a bug issue at https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIALFB to track this? Thanks.
                Thanks. Issue has been created -> https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIAL-354 . Do you know when the next release for Spring Social that incorporates the canvassignincontroller.

                Comment

                Working...
                X