Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSF and Spring Social?

Hello,
    I have a project created on GlassFish with (JSF + Pretty Faces) + JPA + Spring 3. I would like to integrate Spring Social on my project, but I don't want to make a mixture between Spring MVC and JSF.

Is there a possibility to use Spring Social with jsf directly?

I'll be honest and say that I'm ill-equipped to answer many JSF questions. I'm certain it can be done, but it'll require you to do a lot of the handling of the OAuth connection flow yourself.

Spring Social's ConnectController and ProviderSignInController do that now. But, of course, they are Spring MVC controllers and you don't want that. But both of them hand off the bulk of their work to a ConnectSupport class and the controllers themselves are primarily in charge of handling requests. So you could write your own code in any framework and then delegate to ConnectSupport to do the main OAuth connection work.

That said, what little I know of JSF is that it's component-oriented and not request-oriented. But the OAuth connection flow is defined as a request-oriented flow. I'm sure you can make this work in JSF, but I can't say for sure how easy or hard it will be.

If you do cook up some JSF-based equivalent of ConnectController, please let us know. If possibly, post it on GitHub and I'll have some folks review it and I'll even promote it as a community extension of Spring Social. But I have no intentions of implementing a JSF front-end for Spring Social--I'm leaving that to those who know JSF better than I and are interested in such a feature.

Comment

Hello habuma, thanks for your message, and sorry for the delay.
      Because of no time, I've decide to combine Spring MVC and JSF. Everything works perfect, thanks a lot for work you guys do. You rock!

Comment

Originally posted by artyomyus View Post
        Hello habuma, thanks for your message, and sorry for the delay.
        Because of no time, I've decide to combine Spring MVC and JSF. Everything works perfect, thanks a lot for work you guys do. You rock!
        Hi artyomyus,
        Can share any example, or some main ideas how you did it. because as far as I could see the ConnectController use a request mapping to catch the request and was my 1st problem. So if can give some hint in how to work around it I'll appreciate it.

Originally posted by habuma View Post

If you do cook up some JSF-based equivalent of ConnectController, please let us know. If possibly, post it on GitHub and I'll have some folks review it and I'll even promote it as a community extension of Spring Social. But I have no intentions of implementing a JSF front-end for Spring Social--I'm leaving that to those who know JSF better than I and are interested in such a feature.
        habuma, I will start working on it. Will post on GitHub when done.

Comment

Hello jfzr,
          please find some good information about, here: http://forum.springsource.org/showth...d-JSF-together

I would like also to say that you'll probably have more issues to figure out after Spring MVC integration, and that's more about i18n. So if you'll have some problem on integration, please contact me on private,... or fell free to contact me on skype "ArtyomyuS".

Comment

Thank you very much for your fast answer, i think i will in touch with u soon

Comment

Working...
            X