Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add New Service Provider

Hi,

I'm following the "Adding Support for a New Service Provider" Section from the Manual (see below for url) to add support for a new Service Provider. The Section "Creating an ApiAdapter" talks about extending the API Adaptor and passing in the connection values (e.g. User Profile, Display Name, Profile Url etc.) commonly found in Social Networks.

This is a problem for me because the Service Provider I am trying to implement is not a "Social Network" and does not have these properties. It is a simple RESTful API that comes with a Username and a Password. Can I ignore these values by passing null? Please advice.

Can someone tell me if the "ProviderUserId"? is set by the Service Provider or the Developer? Not sure what it is.

Docs: http://static.springsource.org/sprin...lementing.html

I am guessing again here.

But I think if there is no profile URL, setting that to null is fine. So the same for the other properties. However, at some point there has to be some username I think in a user profile to be able to say match the provider's user id to your application's user id.

I know habuma has it setup so that it is very flexible, simply because each provider is so different.

Mark

Comment

Yes, null is fine. Not very useful, but fine. Out of curiosity, what's the provider in this case?

The ProviderUserId is a value that uniquely identifies the user on the provider. This is *not* optional. Ideally, it's not an email address or screen name (unless that's what the provider uses, in which case I question their thinking). It's usually a number, but it *could* be a user name so long as that value isn't subject to change.

Comment

Great.

You can find this Provider's API reference here: http://tinyurl.com/ac2l3fs

How do I get this Provider User Id? I had a look at the API docs (above), I see no reference .

Thanks

Comment

I'd say that you could get it from the GET /customer endpoint. The <customer-id> element, in particular.

Comment

BTW, if at all possible, it'd be great to see your Spring Social FirstTrade project on GitHub. I'll be happy to add a link to it on the Spring Social home page, tweet about it, and do everything I can to promote it for you. And there's no need to wait until your finished...if it's out there now, I can link to it and maybe it will encourage others in the community to step up and help out in the form of testing and pull-requests.

Comment

Working...
            X