Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Habuma, did you see my post about social-web M2 pom pointing to social-core M1? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Habuma, did you see my post about social-web M2 pom pointing to social-core M1?

    See title.

    Mark

  • #2
    Yes I did. But I don't believe that to be correct (nor possible). Have a look at http://repo.springsource.org/milesto...b-1.1.0.M2.pom and you'll see that it points at social core M2. Here's the pertinent snippet:

    Code:
        <dependency>
          <groupId>org.springframework.social</groupId>
          <artifactId>spring-social-core</artifactId>
          <version>1.1.0.M2</version>
          <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
    What makes you think that the POM is incorrect?

    BTW, if you wanted to be sure that I saw your question, the best thing to do is to ask again in the same thread (which will bump it to the top) and not open a new thread.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah, I know. Typically I wouldn't have created a new thread.

      The reason why I thought it was pointing to the wrong location was because in my pom I had just

      Code:
      <dependency>
                  <groupId>org.springframework.social</groupId>
                  <artifactId>spring-social-web</artifactId>
                  <version>${spring-social.version}</version>
      </dependency>
      where spring-social.version pointed to M2. But when I looked at the dependencies in my IDE it only had social-core M1, and that was the only place the would have downloaded social-core.

      Let me try again.

      Yeah if I put it back to that, this is how is looks in my IDE

      Attachment

      So I have to add an <exclusion> in my pom and add a separate dependency to social-core M2, then it works

      Mark
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Weird. I mean I too look at the social-web pom file and it clearly has M2 as its dependency. IntelliJ must cache something maybe.

        Oh well. I have a solution with the <exclusion> that I will use.

        Mark

        Comment


        • #5
          At the command line you can do "mvn dependency:tree" and it should give you a clue as to who thinks it needs the M1 version.

          Comment


          • #6
            OK, and now it works without the exclusion.

            I think my computer and IDE wants to play tricks with me.

            Mark

            Comment

            Working...
            X