Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auth Dialog redirect fails

Hi ,

We've implemented facebook Canvas application using spring social.

After facebook's Feb 6th breaking changes auth dialog is coming as blank. How to handle this in spring social? Is there any temporary fix available for this?

Please help on this

Thanks,
    Syed

Ah...I commented on your issue in Jira, but didn't notice until I read this that your app is a Canvas app. That's *TOTALLY* different.

First, please note that the canvas sample app is no longer in GitHub. I removed it because it was demonstrating the wrong way of obtaining an access token using the ConnectController/OAuth2 connection flow. The correct way for FB Canvas apps, as you suggested in one of your comments, is to use the auth dialog and to obtain the token via the signed_request parameter.

This is not a bug in Spring Social itself. It is perhaps an unsupported (or perhaps not directly supported) feature in Spring Social, but not a bug in Spring Social. At very least it is a lack of a proper example for doing Spring Social with Facebook Canvas apps. It's funny that this *exact* topic has come up several times over the past couple of weeks. I guess it's a sign that I need to provide a correct example (which, is already in progress).

Comment

I get this error in the logs running the sample straight out of github:

Apr 30, 2013 10:54:09 PM org.springframework.social.facebook.web.CanvasSign InController signin
      INFO: No access token in the signed_request parameter. Redirecting to the authorization dialog.

And the browser displays this:

<script>top.location.href='https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?client_id=265379450157120&redirect_uri=http://apps.facebook.com/springsocialcanvas';</script>

Any ideas? Thanks,

Tom

PS I'm using a war built with maven deployed to a vanilla jetty 8 server.

PPS It works in firefox but not in chrome. Both current versions on OS X Lion.
      Last edited by tommc; May 1st, 2013, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X