X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all.

I caught a flu last time I wrote here on forum, so I spent all that time in bed with medicine. Tomorrow I start my work although I'm a weak and not fully recovered after flue.

Originally posted by habuma View Post
    ........reason I left it package private is because the *real* intended way of using it was via the @SignedRequest annotation in a Spring MVC controller. Using that annotation, you shouldn't need to use SignedRequestDecoder directly. Nevertheless, I see some value in exposing SignedRequestDecoder as public (in that it could come in handy for non-Spring MVC apps...perhaps in a Struts app), so I'll consider opening it up as public later today.
    I tried using that parameter, but that didn't work for me. May be I've made something not quite correct, but that didn't work. The working option was explicitly extract parameter 'signed_request' directly from request.

Comment

FWIW, there's a brand new Spring Social Canvas sample out at https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...-social-canvas. While I was working on this, I found myself writing a lot of boilerplate code in something that ended up being named CanvasSignInController. After stripping it down to nothing but boilerplate code, I moved it into Spring Social Facebook's Web module so that everyone can benefit from it.

Essentially, CanvasSignInController does the heavy lifting of receiving and decoding the signed_request parameter and from it extracting an access token and creating a connection. If no access token exists in the signed_request parameter, then it redirects to the Facebook authorization dialog. Upon returning, there should be an access token in the signed_request.

Have a look at the new canvas sample to see how it can be done. But be aware that since I moved CanvasSignInController into the Spring Social Facebook Web module, there's not much to see in the sample application code itself (which is a good thing). The real work is now in framework code.

Comment

Working...
      X