X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring-Social with no local user account

I'm looking to use spring-social to do the oauth2 stuff for me but app won't have accounts. Is it possible to just use the userconnection table and the oauth token and not have to have a sign up? I'm starting to think this is not possible as there is no way for me to verify a users account otherwise. Is this possible? Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

Well, if you're going to create a "connection", which is the tie between your application user and their profile on a provider such as Facebook or Twitter, then you're going to need something on your end that represents that user.

But it is possible to not maintain a local representation of the user and instead rely on the provider-side profile as your source of user data. That's pretty much what the spring-social-quickstart sample (https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...ial-quickstart) does. It goes through the ProviderSignInController flow and creates an on-the-fly user based on the user's provider profile ID.

It's a bit simplistic, sure. But it contains the basics of what I think you're trying to do.

Comment

Working...
    X