Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Social Twitter

Hello Craig,
    Thanks for your wonderful work with Spring Social. It will be great if you can predict a timeline when Twitter API 1.1 compatible schedule is expected? Before March 2013? If you need any dev help in terms of resource I can contribute a bit. Please let us know yr candid thoughts.

Thanks ... dhrubo

Thanks for the offer of help, but there is already another community member who has pitched in and got most of the work done. I just need to sync up with him, merge his work, and test it to be sure it's good. Assuming it is, then I intend to release the work in a Spring Social Twitter 1.1.0.M1 release. I'm aiming for mid-November for that to happen.

Once it's merged an in a snapshot build, I do welcome you and anyone else who may be interested to try it out and file any defects you may find so that we can fix them in advance of the 1.1.0.M1 release.

Comment

Good news. I can live with Twitter 1 API till that time. I look forward to the snapshot build. Just drop in a line I will be glad to code and learn with you.

~Cheers
      Dhrubo

Comment

Quick update: The latest 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT build contains the changes contributed by Jeremy Appel to support Twitter API 1.1. Anyone and everyone is invited to try it out and report any gaps or bugs. See https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIALTW-39 for more info.

Comment

Dependency to crypto that doesn't exist

Hi Craig,

I am getting a dependency in the twitter pom that doesn't exist, the spring-security-crypto:3.2-RC1. Could you remove this please? I am using the spring-social-twitter:1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT version.

Thanks Craig,
          Kind regards,
          Michael

Originally posted by habuma View Post
          Quick update: The latest 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT build contains the changes contributed by Jeremy Appel to support Twitter API 1.1. Anyone and everyone is invited to try it out and report any gaps or bugs. See https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIALTW-39 for more info.

Comment

Spring Social Crypto is required by Spring Social for (among other things) the purposes of encrypting the base string into a signature when constructing the OAuth 1.0a Authorization header. You *must* have it.

Now...the reason it's failing to find it for you is because previously the dependency was on 3.1.4.RELEASE and now it's 3.2.0.RC1. I changed it to 3.2.0.RC1 in anticipation of the upcoming Spring Security 3.2 release and to provide simplified configuration with Spring Security's new Java-based configuration.

You have two options for fixing it: Either add the Spring Milestone repository to your build (it's the same as the snapshot repository except change "snapshot" to "milestone") or explicitly declare the Spring Security dependency in your build with version 3.1.4.RELEASE. If you choose the latter, then you won't be able to configure Spring Social's SocialAuthenticationFilter using Spring Security 3.2's Java-based configuration, but it should still work fine for creating the Authorization header.

Comment

Working...
            X