X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Project: Intuit QuickBooks Online

I have started a connector for the QuickBooks Online API provided by Intuit. You can find the source at https://github.com/jeffxor/spring-social-intuit it was based of the existing Twitter connector.

I have also created the a quickstart example https://github.com/jeffxor/spring-so...uit-quickstart.

You have to register to use Intuit's API. Any feedback is appreciated.

This is *incredibly* interesting to me, not because I'm a big QuickBooks user, but because I'm always interested in hearing ways that people are using Spring Social for non-Social things. For awhile now, I've thought that the name "Spring Social" may be a bit misleading and it may lead people to think that it's only good for Facebook-like stuff. Using it with QuickBooks demonstrates that it's really a more general API-connection framework--and the social network stuff is just the fun side of it.

One quick bit of feedback: It looks like the stuff in the "com" portion of the source code was generated by JAXB. Any reason why that generation isn't part of the build itself? In general, I don't like checking generated code into a source code repository if it's easily generated as part of the build.

Finally...I always like to promote any Spring Social community contributions with Tweets, a link on the Spring Social homepage, etc, etc. Would you mind if I tell the world about this?

Comment

I am happy you are so interested in the work I have done. Feel free to promote the integration however you want. I would feel honored to have a link from the Spring Social homepage to my repo. I have been working with Spring for a number of years and it feels great to finally contribute something back.

I will take a look at changing the "com" portion over to be generated through JAXB, probably be a good reason to learn a little more Gradle.

Comment

Link added and Tweet tweeted. Again, thanks for the contribution!

Comment

Working...
        X