Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new project: App.net integration

Hi,
    I've used spring social for quite some time for my Facebook integration and wanted to say thanks.
    More on the real subject though, I'm currently working on Spring social integration for App.net.
    It uses pretty much textbook Oauth 2.0 authentication so that part was pretty easy, now working on the data model.

I will probably be talking to you more and would love to get more tips and directions on the way the project should go.
    Especially want to know what is the minimum barrier to be notes in the spring social site and what is required for this to be an "approved" implementation.

Nice to meet,
    Arik Galansky,
    spring-social-appdotnet lead and only developer
    https://github.com/arikg/spring-social-appdotnet

It's exciting to hear that you're looking at building an App.net module for Spring Social and I'll be happy to help out as much as I can. To get started, you should read http://static.springsource.org/sprin...lementing.html if you've not done so already. You may also look at some of the existing modules such as the Facebook or Twitter modules to see how they're done.

If you're wanting your project listed on the Spring Social home page among the other community-led projects, all you gotta do is ask. There's no such thing as an "approved" implementation and I link to and help promote any and all community-led projects such as yours. I've already added a link on the Spring Social homepage and, unless you don't want me to, I'll tweet about it tomorrow morning. (It looks like you're in Israel, so it's almost Friday morning for you, but I'm in Texas so I've got about 10 hours before my workday starts...I'll tweet about it then.) Maybe by promoting it this way you'll find some others out there willing to help you out (and enable you to remove the "only developer" line from your signature).

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for contributing to the Spring Social community!

Comment

Yes, I've already followed that document and it's been a great help.
      I appreciate the promotion. Anyone wanting to join will be appreciated.
      We'll be in touch as I progress and need some consult though the already implemented modules usually help a lot.

Comment

Working...
      X