Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProviderSignInController and FB scope

Hi,

I just noticed the ProviderSignInController implementation doesn't handle the 'scope' variable in FB (unlike the ConnectController) - any special reason for that?
    I was wondering since I don't want to make 2 calls to FB, one for login and one for permissions..

Cheers,
    Yoni

Good point. ProviderSignInController should support scope just like ConnectController. In fact, I've been thinking lately that there's a general lack of parity between ConnectController and ProviderSignInController that needs to be addressed. Please open an improvement issue at https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIAL and I'll look into it.

Comment

Done.

In the meantime - I'll fix it on my version and report the results within few days

Comment

Thanks! I saw the improvement issue created yesterday. Will take a look and try to work it in sometime soon.

Comment

Well, I've tested it on google and fb providers, works like a charm... BUT, I couldn't help but copying the class and changing the relevant line.. ;(
          you guys take the method modifiers very seriously
          In the next version/s can you please provide some more options to extends the flow?

btw - all i need to change was to provide the

Code:
          ConnectSupport
          a
          Code:
           new   MultiValueMap<String, String> parameters = new LinkedMultiValueMap<String, String>();

Cheers,
          Yoni

Comment

I was just thinking over this and am now confused. You say that ProviderSignInController doesn't support the scope parameter like ConnectController...but it does. Actually, neither controller directly support that parameter, but instead both rely in ConnectSupport to build a proper OAuth2 authorization URL. Ultimately, it is ConnectSupport's getOAuth2Parameters() method that adds the scope parameter to that URL.

I even tried it out by poking at Spring Social Quickstart, setting the scope parameter (in signin.jsp) to crazy scope options for FB that I usually wouldn't use and when I tried to signin with FB I was asked for permission for those scopes.

So I'm left wondering why you think ProviderSignInController doesn't support the scope parameter.

Comment

Working...
            X