Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringSocial simple app

Hi,

I am totally new to SpringSocial and i want to add it to my web app. I tried many tutorials but i couldn't make it work. Can anybody please upload simple app that i can import in STS. It would be of great help to me, so that i can understand SpringSocial better.

Thank you!

What kind of sample app are you looking for? Are the samples at https://github.com/springsource/spring-social-samples not sufficient? Specifically, the Spring Social Showcase and Spring Social Quickstart samples should prove useful. Let me know if there's something else you're looking for.

Comment

The example featured in "This Week in Spring - July 3rd" also didn't work in the current SSTS. Spring Blog editors need to ensure that the examples cited work before posting the URLs. The author of that particular example is now aware of the problem and will update in his upcoming blog post, but "This Week in Spring" subsequent editions may not know about it.

I've had bad luck with examples posted via "This Week in Spring". Sometimes I can fix them, sometimes things have changed so radically in the Spring libraries that I wouldn't know where to begin.

Comment

I assume that you're talking about the article by Roger Hughes on getting started with Spring Social (since that is the context of this forum). I was unaware of any problem with the article until you mentioned it. It's unfortunate that his example didn't work, but unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to verify all examples and articles written by those outside of our organization. In this particular case, I wasn't even aware of the article until I read about it via "This Week in Spring". I'm glad Roger is fixing it, though.

To be clear, not everything linked to from the "This Week in Spring" newsletter is written by those without SpringSource. Our developer advocate group collects anything they can find about Spring and uses that newsletter to bring it to your attention; but they do not necessarily review the work in detail. In the end, I think we can agree that sharing information (even if it isn't entirely correct) is better than not sharing anything due to lack of time to review it thoroughly. In those cases, the proper response should be to contact the author and have them address the concerns.

Comment

Working...
        X