Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Enhanced Auth Dialog Button message

Hi,
    @Auth Page the text of the button is "Go to app" but I would like to change this text to "Login with Facebook". In the Facebook API docs I found that:
    "
    New button text

In the enhanced auth dialog, the button text will be one of four cases: "Add to Facebook", "Log in with Facebook", “Go to App”, or "Play Game". Each of these were extensively tested and showed that more specific calls to action help users better understand the auth process. As the first point of contact for an app, it’s important for the auth dialog to exhibit a great user experience

"
    We use the app just for "Login with Facebook" function for out WebSite. We use a Taglib for generating the Facebook button to our login page:

"....
    StringBuilder content = new StringBuilder();

content.append(" <form target=\"_top\" id=\"fb_signin\" name=\"fb_signin\" action=\"/social/signin/facebook\" method=\"POST\">\n");
    content.append(" <a name=\"facebook-login-button\" href=\"javascript:document.fb_signin.submit()\"><s pan class=\"facebook-f-logo\">f</span>"+text+"</a>");
    content.append(" <input type=\"hidden\" name=\"scope\" value=\"publish_stream,email,user_birthday,user_lo cation,publish_actions\"/>\n");
    content.append(" </form>\n");

return content.toString();

"

Attachment
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sandocan; Jun 1st, 2012, 03:17 AM.

I'm unclear here...are you asking a question about how to change the "Go to app" button to say "Login with Facebook" instead?

If so, that button is on Facebook's authorization page...something that Spring Social has no control over. I believe *all* Facebook apps will show that same button on the authorization page. I don't know of a way to tell Facebook to show something different on that button (other than, perhaps, showing it in a different language based on the locale). But if someone knows of a way, then I am willing to stand corrected.

Comment

Working...
    X