Announcement Announcement Module
No announcement yet.
error=provider debug Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • error=provider debug

    Hello Everyone,

    I started using spring social for my web app. Twitter and Facebook signin is working fine but I have an issue
    with the linkedin and the error=provider error message after a successful login.

    I've found this entry somewhere
    If any error occurs while fetching the request token, <classname>ProviderSignInController</classname> will redirect to the application's sign in URL.
    The request to the sign in URL will have an "error" query parameter set to "provider" to indicate an error occurred while communicating with the provider.
    But is not helping me to much.

    I suspect a possible error in the LinkedInTemplate constructor...
    return linkedin != null ? linkedin.getApi() : new LinkedInTemplate("twertwret","erfregwertwert",linkedin.createData().getAccessToken(),linkedin.createData().getSecret());
    maybe I am not getting the accessToken and secret back from the login?

    Any ideas will be very helpfull.

  • #2
    Ok I figured out what was going on. One major issue is the error message that is totally misleading you.

    The problem was on the user_connection table where my linkedin entry was inserted with user_id=0
    I am not sure how this mechanism works but seems like the social accounts with the same email are getting
    the same user_id. At the moment I manually changed the id to play with the api but the issue was in the
    entry on the user_connection table.


    • #3
      Yes, I've been made aware of non-provider errors being manifested as error=provider parameters. I've created to address this.


      • #4
        Great thanx

        I answered to myself in case someone else has the same issue.