Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Facebook photo.getAlbumImage() seems to have been messed up recently. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook photo.getAlbumImage() seems to have been messed up recently.

photo.getAlbumImage().getSource() for a org.springframework.social.facebook.api.Photo used to give the album version of an image. i.e. ending in "_a.jpg". As of very recently in the BUILD_SNAPSHOT, it is returning the normal or getSourceImage() "_n.jpg" result.

I expect that this code methodology for Photo is broken:

this.sourceImage = images.get(i++);
    this.albumImage = images.get(i++);
    this.smallImage = images.get(i++);
    this.tinyImage = images.get(i++);

given that there seem to be a bunch more images in the standard facebook photo result now:

https://graph.facebook.com/98423808305

You're right...I'm already looking into this. Hoping to find a solution that isn't dependent on the ordering, probably by considering the width and height.

Comment

Cool. Yeah, having been thinking about that list of images, it seems that targetting a width of 180 would be correct for the album size photo. Probably similar for others if required.

Comment

It'd be nice if (1) Facebook updated their documentation to discuss these new image sizes and (2) would somehow describe each image in the returned JSON so that as a developer you could know what they're used for. Regarding this last point, I'm thinking that an array of images is horrible, but a hash of images, where the key were something meaningful like "thumbnail", would be more useful. It'd be a breaking change for them to do that, but given the current state of their API, it's a breaking change anytime they add a new image size.

Comment

Yeah, that naked array of images looks pretty dumb.

It doesn't sound like this was one of those changes that they *telegraphed* either.

Comment

No, the only thing I ever saw mentioning the new image sizes wasn't even in the developer communications--it was in a more general Facebook user communication saying that they now proudly support print-quality images with a maximum resolution of 2048x2048. It may have been hidden among other items in their weekly "Operation Developer Love" blog entries, but I usually read those completely and don't recall seeing anything about it.

Comment

Working...
            X