Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
What hooks does spring social have that integrate into spring's framework? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What hooks does spring social have that integrate into spring's framework?

I am learning how spring social is setup (I'm using it on a project and also want to learn from the design so I can break out some components that I have that I need to re-use in another spring mvc project).

What I want to know is what components does spring social use that are spring specific, like controllers, interceptors, etc.

I'm looking at the code base now, and just want to make sure I understand the high level design and "hook" points from someone who has more experience so I can get a hold of how things work and integrate.

To be specific, in my spring mvc application now, I have an interceptor, a few classes and models (that use jdbc) that I would love to break-out from my application into its own module so I can re-use it.

Well, off of the top of my head...

- ConnectController and ProviderSignInController are Spring MVC controllers.
    - The OAuth libraries and the API bindings use RestTemplate to communicate with the providers.
    - The JDBC-based implementation of the connection repositories use JdbcTemplate

Is that the kind of thing you're looking for?

Comment

Yes pretty much.

So looking at the quickstart, you have to create a @Configuration (which is the programatic way of wiring up beans as oppose to the xml way). So I'll look into that to see how the controllors and interceptors get injected into a spring mvc application then.

thanks!

Comment

Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions. I or someone else on this forum can probably help out.

Comment

Working...
        X