Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem on Getting the Sample Code

I run the following command
    Code:
    git clone --recursive git://github.com/SpringSource/spring-social-quickstart.git
    and get an error "fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly".
    I don't know whether the git url is correct or not. My online search results don't seem to relate with my case.

The correct git command line and URL are:

Code:
    git clone git://github.com/SpringSource/spring-social-samples.git
    The quickstart is just one of a handful of projects under the bigger spring-social-samples umbrella.

The --recursive part isn't necessary for the samples, as they don't pull in any submodules. Soon, it won't be necessary for any of the main Spring Social projects, either. (I'll be sure and post in the forum when that changes.)

Comment

Thanks Craig. I get it.

Just a quick follow-up question, where to download the facebook and twitter snapshot build? I get errors during the maven build
      Code:
      [WARNING] The POM for org.springframework.social:spring-social-facebook:jar:1.0.2.BUILD-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available
      [WARNING] The POM for org.springframework.social:spring-social-twitter:jar:1.0.2.BUILD-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available
      I can't find the repository for the snap build though for a manually download.

Comment

Working...
      X