Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FQL support - can I start using it ?

Hi,

Has any tried to use the social-1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT? (specifically fql support)

Y

Short answer: no

At the moment, the only difference between 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT and 1.0.2.RELEASE is the version number. I cut the 1.0.2.RELEASE build a few days ago and as part of that process, bumped the version number up to 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT. Consequently, the nightly build process kicked in and uses that version now.

I've been tied up with other things for the past few days (some of which involves planning exactly what will be in 1.1.0), but haven't started any actual coding work on any of it. You might see me push a bug fix or two in, but I'm still in the planning phase for 1.1.0, so you'll have to wait a bit longer before using FQL or any other 1.1.0 feature.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'll stay tuned.

Comment

FYI: I've just pushed a first cut at FQL support and it is now in the latest build of Spring Social Facebook, 1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT.

At the moment, it's rather simple: FqlOperations offers a single query() method that takes the FQL query (as a String) and an FqlResultMapper to convert the results into an object. You can find examples of using it in FqlTemplateTest (at https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...plateTest.java).

This is just a first cut and is subject to change, so I'd be careful about starting to use it in any production application. But I wanted to get it out there to solicit feedback.

I encourage you to beat up on it, trying all kinds of queries against it. Given that the results of an FQL query could contain many different kinds of data, there's a seemingly infinite number of possibilities here and I want to be sure that it can handle any query thrown at it. If you see anything that doesn't work or that could be done better, please follow up with comments on https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIALFB-8 or in this forum post.
        Last edited by habuma; Feb 3rd, 2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the providing the quick support

So far I've used the credentials returned by ConnectionData and opened my own HttpClient.

anyway - I'll try within a few days and be happy to provide a feedback.

leave aside the api issues - and I know it's not ready-for-production , is the production ready in terms of thread-safe?

Comment

I see no apparent reasons why it wouldn't be thread-safe. But if you find otherwise, open an issue in Jira and I'll look into it.

Comment

Working...
            X