Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Social Google - Roadmap and Community Feedback

Hi,

To those who are new to the project or did not keep track of it, Spring Social Google currently provides access to GData Contact API and Google+ API (people, activity and comment read-only operations). I started to work on Picasa Web Albums API, but it's so cumbersome and buggy, and I learned that Google plans to release Google+ photos API soon, so I decided to delete whatever work I did on Picasa. Does anyone have any objection to that?

I plan to give a push to the documentation and finalize the first milestone. Then I think I will work on more new APIs (non-GData), probably starting with the tasks API. If anyone has any requests, now is the time.

Any feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks for giving the heads up. I think Spring Social Google new enhancement is a great leap for our projects to be synch better.

Comment

Hi,

I added support for Google Tasks. You can see it in action as here: http://gdata.cloudfoundry.com/

I hope to finalize the first milestone soon.

Comment

I'm trying to find how to +1 something through oauth, but I can't seem to find it. Is it in there.

BTW, also got a compile error on ApiEnumDeserializer
        @SuppressWarnings({ "rawtypes" })
        T value = Enum.valueOf((Class)type, sb.toString());

Comment

mschipperheyn,

Google+ API currently contains read-only operations, so no +1ing yet, just getting the +1ers count. You can see exactly what's available here: https://developers.google.com/+/api/ and to this time all operations are covered by Spring Social Google.

I will try to fix the compilation error soon, it's just that I've been extremely busy lately.

Comment

Hi,

I think the google integration is a huge plus and will slot in nicely with the current providers.

Do you have any plans to make a release even with just the basic authentication code at the moment? I know the google apis provide loads of options but think it would be good to stage the releases and prioritise what important and release accordingly.

Just a thought but good work so far. Using it in a wee sample app I've got going locally

Comment

Working...
            X