Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API for creating Twitter account

Hi,

Is there a way to create a new Twitter account from an app using Spring Social ; assuming that the app has a consumer key and secret registered with Twitter? . Looking at the APIs in http://static.springsource.org/sprin...html/apis.html, it seems this is not present. Can we leverage some part of Spring Social for this functionality? . This is for an admin app that allows to create and maintain Twitter accounts for its users.

Thanks,
    jaa

There is no such thing in Spring Social's Twitter API binding because (as far as I can tell) there is no mechanism for doing this through Twitter's REST API. The reason is that this could easily be abused to create spam accounts on Twitter. Honestly, I hope that this is *NEVER* available in the API.

Comment

Hi Craig, you are right..on taking a second look i found that the app only saves the account's token/secret in DB AFTER the actual user has logged-in and authorized the app to do so. I mistook that it was creating a fresh acct from the app. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Working...
      X