Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding logging output

Hi all,

I'm struggling with getting the Google oauth working using spring social and having a very hard time of it. All I get is an Access Denied

When I turned logging for Spring Social to "DEBUG", I realized I wasn't getting the information I expected and needed: the messages exchanged by the system and information when things go wrong (and why). In fact, I wasn't getting anything at all.

After further examination I realized there doesn't seem to be any logging code in the package.

I want to suggest adding more logging output to the package. Especially when things don't work as expected, this can be a great help.

Kind regards,
    Marc

I agree that more logging could be useful. But I want to be careful to add an appropriate amount of logging and not to add logging for logging's sake. Are there any specific points where you think logging would be most helpful? If so, consider opening an improvement issue to point those out or (better yet) a pull request with the logging in place.

Comment

Well, AFAIC there can never be too much as long as you use log.isDebugEnabled(), but one thing I lost a lot of time on when I was implementing that Google Social API was that I forgot to implement a "scope" field on the form. If that's missing a WARN would be a good idea. Also, the hard core messages being delivered and returned might be good candidates for debug output.

Comment

Working...
      X