Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Latest Showcase- a few changes I noticed...quick clarifications Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Showcase- a few changes I noticed...quick clarifications

In the latest spring social showcase code, I noticed at least a few changes since the last version I was working with (from a few weeks ago):

On the signin form there is now this javsacript call:

Code:
    <script src='http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript'>
      FB.init({appId: '0b754d95f9c9899b0d6c4454b6f2dde7', status: true, cookie: true, xfbml: true, oauth: false});
    </script>
    I haven't looked into what that's doing specifically but I'm curious what that is replacing from the old code?

I also noticed that old code had in the signin with facebook form:

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="scope" value="email,publish_stream,offline_access" />
    But in the current signin with facebook this is no longer included?

Thanks for any clarification

The <script> code snuck in there accidentally...I was experimenting with FB's JS library and trying to see if I could use the JS library's login to drive the ProviderSignInController. I should've removed it before it was committed. As it is, it serves no purpose, but should also cause no harm. Nevertheless, I'll remove it.

As for the hidden "scope" field, I did a diff back to April and it doesn't show that it was ever in there. Could that have been something you added in your own local clone? That said, perhaps it *should* be in there. Otherwise, a new user may go through the signin, create a new account, then be authorized with less than what is needed by the application. Good catch...I'll add that line in there.

Comment

Originally posted by habuma View Post
      As for the hidden "scope" field, I did a diff back to April and it doesn't show that it was ever in there. Could that have been something you added in your own local clone? That said, perhaps it *should* be in there. Otherwise, a new user may go through the signin, create a new account, then be authorized with less than what is needed by the application. Good catch...I'll add that line in there.
      Ah. I know how it got in there. I started with by using the quickstart as an example and then slowly morphed things over to what was being done in the spring social showcase. It's currently found in the quickstart signin form.

Comment

Working...
      X