Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally figured out my problem. I forgot to add the scope hidden parameter to the form

Comment

Google social api is not Spring 3.0 compatible

Ok, Google Social API is unfortunately not Spring 3.0 compatible.

I bomb on

ClientHttpRequestInterceptor[] interceptors = restTemplate.getInterceptors();
      ClientHttpRequestInterceptor[] newInterceptors = new ClientHttpRequestInterceptor[interceptors.length+1];
      System.arraycopy(interceptors, 0, newInterceptors, 0, interceptors.length);
      newInterceptors[interceptors.length] = new GDataVersionInterceptor();
      restTemplate.setInterceptors(newInterceptors);

Comment

I also hit an issue with setInterceptors (see my earlier post) and as best I can tell am only pulling in Spring 3.1.

Comment

The signature of the setInterceptors() method recently changed from taking an array of ClientHttpRequestInterceptor (as it was in Spring 3.1M2) to a List<ClientHttpRequestInterceptor> (in the latest snapshot builds). Spring Social was still using the 3.1M2 version of the method, which caused trouble if you're using a snapshot build of the Spring Framework. I could change Spring Social to fit the latest snapshots, but then you'd run into similar trouble when using Spring 3.1M2.

I've just pushed a snapshot build of Spring Social that resolves this issue to work with either Spring 3.1M2 or the latest Spring 3.1 snapshots. And it also should still work with Spring 3.0).

If using Spring 3.1M2, you can add the GDataVersionInterceptor like this:

Code:
          ClientHttpRequestInterceptor[] interceptors = restTemplate.getInterceptors();
          ClientHttpRequestInterceptor[] newInterceptors = new ClientHttpRequestInterceptor[interceptors.length+1];
          System.arraycopy(interceptors, 0, newInterceptors, 0, interceptors.length);
          newInterceptors[interceptors.length] = new GDataVersionInterceptor();
          restTemplate.setInterceptors(newInterceptors);
          But with Spring 3.1 snapshot it's simpler:

Code:
          restTemplate.getInterceptors().add(new GDataVersionInterceptor());

Comment

Nice work

Considering that google has a vast library, wouldn't this be the case to split this into even smaller sub apis?

social-google-calendar
            social-google-latitude
            ?

If that's the case I would like to help, I was building the foursquare api, but after doing some code, and finishing the UserProfile, I found out that there was already an initial implementation

Trying to find one social sub api to implement now

Regards

Comment

Craig,

Thanks for making the latest snapshot available. A quick test looks like it has resolved the problem on my end.

For others, the changes I made to pick up compatible libraries are in the pom.xml for spring-social-google:

<properties>
              <spring.social.version>1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT</spring.social.version>
              </properties>

and in the pom.xml for spring-social-quickstart:

<org.springframework.social-version>1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT</org.springframework.social-version>

David

Comment

Nice. But using restTemplate.getInterceptors() still means that this is not Spring 3.0 compatible, which sucks.

Comment

Might I suggest adding pagina to the ContactTemplate getContactList()?

Comment

Originally posted by viniciuscarvalho View Post
                    Nice work

Considering that google has a vast library, wouldn't this be the case to split this into even smaller sub apis?

social-google-calendar
                    social-google-latitude
                    ?

If that's the case I would like to help, I was building the foursquare api, but after doing some code, and finishing the UserProfile, I found out that there was already an initial implementation

Trying to find one social sub api to implement now

Regards
                    Thanks, but I don't plan to split the library into API-specific libraries since the bulk of the work will be done at the common core, leaving very little to the API-specific functionality, so I think splitting it would only make dependency management more complex.

If you are looking for an API to implement Spring Social binding to, how about Yahoo?

Comment

Originally posted by mschipperheyn View Post
                      Might I suggest adding pagina to the ContactTemplate getContactList()?
                      Good idea, will add it to the roadmap.

Comment

Hi All,

An update on the project: I implemented more contact operations and started to implement what is available of Google+, which is profile fetching and activities fetching. You can see it in action here: http://gdata.cloudfoundry.com/

I also wrote an introductory blog post about Spring Social Google: http://www.recompile.it/2011/09/spri...ogle-apis.html

Thanks for your feedback!

Comment

Could you please keep this project Spring 3.0 compatible?

Thanks,
                          Marc

Comment

contactList paging

It makes sense to me to add paging support to the contact list retrieval as it may result in gi-normous results and if people want that they still can:

PHP Code:
                            public List<ContactgetContactList(int startIndexint maxResults) {
                                return 
                            extractFeedEntries(CONTACTS_FEED "?start-index=" startIndex "&max-results=" maxResults, new ContactExtractor());

Comment

guznik,
                              you should put compatible for Spring 3.0 becaouse version 3.1 isn't released.
                              Please do it!

Comment

Spring Social Google plans and support?

I would like to thank Gabriel for his efforts on providing this API binding for Google. I've been hitting a couple of issues using this and will post follow-up questions about these. My focus for this post relates to:

1) Is this the appropriate forum to ask questions related to Spring Social Google?

2) Are there plans to make Spring Social Google an official part of the Spring Social APIs so that it will be on equal footing in terms of development and support with the Facebook and Twitter APIs (which are available directly from SpringSource)? A roadmap and official support for this will be a major factor in my decision to work through some of the growing pains with this API and use it within our application.

Thanks,
                                David

Comment

Working...
                                X