Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting a link with an image using feedOperation

Hi,

I have requirement in my app which is under development (i am using spring social) to post a link to a user's wall along with an image which represents the link. When i looked at the source code of spring social's facebook client, i found that the FacebookLink bean does not have an attribute to pass image Url and also the FeedTemplate.postLink method does not have the capability to post an image url to facebook. Do you have any plans to add this because Facebook provides the capability to do this.
    What i have done for now is that i took the spring social facebook source code and made the following changes and the image url is getting posted correctly with the link in user's wall:
    1. Added a String attribute in FacebookLink and added it to constructor arguments. Also added a getter method for the same.
    2. In the postLink method of FeedTemplate, added the following line
    map.set("picture", link.getPicture());
    Facebook's parameter for the image url is "picture"

Please let me know if you have this in your roadmap so that i need not have the whole source code of Spring social Facebook as part of my project to achieve this functionality. Also, if there is a better approach, please let me know.

Thanks and regards
    Rajdeep
Working...
X