X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring social showcase popup deployment error in Tomcat

I've built a war file from the latest source code from github using maven war:war. After copying the war file to Tomcat 7.0.20 an error occurs when Tomcat attempts to deploy the web app. This error is shown at the end of this message.

I also noticed that the war file lacked certain files that are in the project such as application.properties and security.xml. Is this the cause of the error?

Thanks in advance for help in getting this configured correctly.

David

Stack trace:

org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefini tionException: No bean named 'springSecurityFilterChain' is defined
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition(DefaultListab leBeanFactory.java:527)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getMergedLocalBeanDefinition(AbstractB eanFactory.java:1087)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:278 )
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:198)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:1097)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterPro xy.initDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:326)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterPro xy.initFilterBean(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:236)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.GenericFilterBean.i nit(GenericFilterBean.java:194)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.i nitFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:273)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.g etFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:254)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.s etFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:372)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.< init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:98)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterSta rt(StandardContext.java:4584)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$2.call(St andardContext.java:5262)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$2.call(St andardContext.java:5257)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:303)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:138)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Issue resolved

I've tracked this down to user error. The prior maven build had not included the necessary files. Once I rebuilt the project again the war file had the necessary pieces and deployed correctly.

Comment

Working...
    X