Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the case for signin connect interceptors

Hi,

I ran into a nasty little issue with Firefox that made wish for signin connect interceptors again.

This is the use case:
    1. In Firefox try to signin on Twitter first time (no twitter user stored yet) and post to a popup
    2. Connect through twitter
    3. In Firefox a redirect in a popup requires an "Allow" by the user. Meanwhile, Twitter displays a "click here if you're not redirected". However, this link has a target _blank, making it respond differently than the auto redirect (I think this is a bug). It opens a new tab
    4. Since normally, you're expecting to be in the popup you want to close the popup and e.g. reload. However, now, you want to redirect the user to a signup page

Only in my situation the crucial language and country parameter are part of the url (for cacheability). So, in order to make this scenario work, I need to store these parameters in the session before redirecting to Twitter.

Since there are no connect interceptors available, this requires an override, which (yes!!) fortunately is possible. But an interceptor would be more elegant.

Kind regards,

Marc
Working...
X