Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Need Help - Missing jars while setting up springframework social Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help - Missing jars while setting up springframework social

I had downloaded STS and spring social jus now.
    However, I am facing issues with the setup.

I had tried googling enough and I am posting this problem seeking help in resolving the issues.

I am getting the compilation errors listed below - (please see attachment for full log)

7/27/11 12:10:57 AM IST: Missing artifact javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.5rovided
    7/27/11 12:10:57 AM IST: Missing artifact javax.servlet.jsp:jsp-api:jar:2.1rovided
    7/27/11 12:10:57 AM IST: Missing artifact javax.servlet.jsp.jstl:jstl-api:jar:1.2:compile
    7/27/11 12:10:57 AM IST: Missing artifact org.glassfish.web:jstl-impl:jar:1.2:compile

I tried Maven -> Update Dependencies in eclipse -- but, this did not resolve anything.

I dont think it is a network problem because I am seeing that maven is able to download other jars using the same network...

The repositories that I am using rght now are -

<repositories>
    <repository>
    <id>org.springframework.maven.release</id>
    <name>Spring Maven Release Repository</name>
    <url>http://maven.springframework.org/release</url>
    <releases>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
    </releases>
    <snapshots>
    <enabled>false</enabled>
    </snapshots>
    </repository>
    <repository>
    <id>com.springsource.repository.bundles.release</id>
    <name>SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository - SpringSource Bundle
    Releases</name>
    <url>http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/release</url>
    </repository>
    <repository>
    <id>com.springsource.repository.bundles.external </id>
    <name>SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository - External Bundle
    Releases</name>
    <url>http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/external</url>
    </repository>
    </repositories>

Could some one tell me if I am missing any required repositories?
    I had added the repositories based on the pom.xml distributed and came along with the quickstart start examples from SpringSource-spring-social-samples-7206556.zip

Any help is appreciated - thank you in advance.

Attachment Attachment Attachment
    Attached Files

I suggest reviewing the .poms of the social sample apps, as well as the ref docs. You're missing the milestone repo and the EBR repos should not be in there. I'm not sure why Maven is complaining about those servlet deps, they're in maven central.

Comment

I had removed teh EBR and added spring milestone repository and still getting errors

Keith - thank you for responding to my post.

I had removed teh EBR and added spring milestone repository and still getting the same errors -

I am able to see the same errors in pom.xml - eclipse view -

Multiple annotations found at this line:
      - Missing artifact javax.servlet.jsp.jstl:jstl-api:jar:1.2:compile
      - Missing artifact org.glassfish.web:jstl-impl:jar:1.2:compile
      - Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.springframework.social:spring-social-core:jar:${org.springframework.social-version}
      - Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.springframework.social:spring-social-web:jar:${org.springframework.social-version}
      - Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.springframework.social:spring-social-facebook:jar:${org.springframework.social-version}
      - Missing artifact javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.5rovided
      - Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.springframework:spring-webmvc:jar:${org.springframework-version}
      - Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.springframework.security:spring-security-crypto:jar:${org.springframework.security.crypto-
      version}
      - Missing artifact javax.servlet.jsp:jsp-api:jar:2.1rovided
      - Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.springframework:spring-jdbc:jar:${org.springframework-version}

and the maven console -

7/27/11 10:22:13 AM IST: Missing artifact javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.5rovided
      7/27/11 10:22:13 AM IST: Missing artifact javax.servlet.jsp:jsp-api:jar:2.1rovided
      7/27/11 10:22:13 AM IST: Missing artifact javax.servlet.jsp.jstl:jstl-api:jar:1.2:compile
      7/27/11 10:22:13 AM IST: Missing artifact org.glassfish.web:jstl-impl:jar:1.2:compile

I am relatively a newbie to Maven. I have only theoretical knowledge of it. sorry if the above questions are dumb.

Please let me know if you see anythin obviously wrong and I will to fix that.

I am also goin to check if there is anything else I can do.

Thanks in advance
      Rama S

Comment

You could always try moving your {$home}/.m2/repository to another location (or just rename it something like repo-backup. If you're on windows it's probably document settings/{yourname}/.m2 - it might not have the dot in front of it - I'm on mac so not sure about windows) Then try the mvn build again. It'll take a while as it gets a bunch of stuff over again, but I've occasionally had issues were my own repository in my home directory got messed up some how.

Try that and let us know.

Comment

Working...
        X