X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social without the user baggage

Guys I am struggling with using social with spring data graph. Whenever I add in spring data graph to an app that also has spring social user connection concepts I get whacky errors. I don't really want or need the UserConnection paradigm or any other spring social user management. I have that all in my own formats and stored already. I just want to give Spring Social the FB user ID and the user's FB token and tell social, do your thing. Is there an example that has no Datasource in it so that Ajc is happy. I just have had no luck using SDG and SS together. If you have, maybe I can see your POM?
    Last edited by gdjsky01; Jul 12th, 2011, 07:13 PM.

If you already have an access token obtained through other means, you can simply use it to construct a FacebookTemplate directly to get at Spring Social's Facebook API binding. Is that what you're looking to do?

Comment

The API bindings are fully decoupled from the user connection management stuff, so I wouldn't call the latter "baggage". Perhaps post your own trimmed down github project that illustrates what you're trying to do we could review. It's a lot easier to help when there is real code to refer to. The reference documentation also has some standalone API examples that may be useful.

Keith
      Last edited by Keith Donald; Jul 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by habuma View Post
        If you already have an access token obtained through other means, you can simply use it to construct a FacebookTemplate directly to get at Spring Social's Facebook API binding. Is that what you're looking to do?
        Thanks Craig... that got me to what I needed. I can't believe it was that easy. I was using the quick_start as a template... it seemed the User management was woven everywhere... it became quite clear when I looked though the source why I was wrong.

Now... if only I could get SpringSocial, SpringDataGraph, Grails, and AspectJ to live happily ever after!

Comment

Working...
        X