Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
spring-social-quickstart example - my friends are not your friends :) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring-social-quickstart example - my friends are not your friends :)

Hello again.
    Due to your quick and profy response on the previos post, I took courage and look at me with another one (post).

Actually the problem I'll describe come from the test I'm done accesing the spring-social-qstart application, from two diffrent facebook accounts like below:
    Step 1:
    Opend the browser window 1 and go to www.facebook.com -> login with accoun1@email.com / accoun1pwd
    Step 2:
    Click on on the application link (I configured to trigger the spring-social-qstart) and the friends of my account1 was listed (after get friends button was clicked)
    Step 3
    Opend the browser window 2 and go to www.facebook.com -> login with accoun2@email.com / accoun2pwd
    Step 4:
    Click on on the application link (I configured to trigger the spring-social-qstart) and the friends of my account1 !!!!!!!???? was listed (after get friends button was clicked)

Even if I guess where is the problem (connection on singleton or stuff like this)
    before trying some workarround I prefer ask you, for a solution, just because I consider this like a, let's say, general problem, needs to be taken in consideration.

Thx in advance for your support.
    A

At step 1 you signed into Facebook as accoun1@email.com. At this point you are not signed into the quickstart.

At step 2 you go to quickstart, click on the button, and connect to FB. This implicitly signs you up into the quickstart app from your FB info and signs you into the quickstart as that new quickstart user. And the connection created here is between this newly created quickstart user and accoun1@email.com's FB account.

At step 3 you signed into Facebook as a different user. From Facebook's perspective, you're now accoun2@email.com. But you are still signed into the quickstart app as the original accoun1@email.com.

At step 4, even though you are signed into FB as accoun2@email.com, you are still signed into quickstart as the user that was implicitly created at step 2. And that quickstart user is connected to accoun1@email.com's FB account which is why you see accoun1@email.com's friends.

Comment

Signing out of quick start will invalidate your user cookie and allow you to sign in using your other accoun2@email.com Facebook account.

Comment

Thank you again for your response.

But as for your response means that different facebook users are constrained to share the first logged in user friends(for this particular example) , until this one sign out from social-social-qstart, releasing the user cookie. Like this the s-s-qt example serve only pedagogical scopes, demonstrating the spring-social framework capabilities, and not pragmatic one . Don't worry I'll try to fix my self that hopefully small inconvenient.

All the best.

PS. Every hints will be really, really appreciated instead ).

Comment

We show it this way because we think most Java apps out there will manage their own local user identities, and will want to link local user accounts with provider user accounts such as Facebook and Twitter users. Spring Social Showcase and Greenhouse go progressively further with the same general model. I recognize there is a case for a Facebook app where the user's identity is their Facebook identity; however, we haven't been focusing as much on that case.

I'd love to see a version of quick-start that provides a blueprint for the model you want. I encourage you to fork the spring-social-samples repository and contribute one for the community to review!

Keith
          Last edited by Keith Donald; Jun 25th, 2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X