Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring social 1RC1 IS NOT SPRING 3 compatible

hey guys,
    i don't know why but it seems this slipped by you guys and the release is not backwards compatible to 3.0.5 as mentioned on the news page and else where and most of our past discussions promised to keep it backwards compatible.

the SigningSupport class references
    import org.springframework.security.crypto.codec.Base64;

that Base64 is not in that package in 3.0.5 it is located in
    org.springframework.security.core.codec.Base64;

what gives?
    I'm assuming this just slip by cuz you guys are all on 3.1 and didn't notice this but please fix this asap as this is a big deal breaker for us going forward. Not everyone is on 3.1 and should not be forced to be just because social is moving closer to 1.0 release.

Spring Social 1.0.0.RC1 is Spring Framework 3.0.5 compatible. The Base64 class you refer to is from Spring Security, which is not the same project as the Spring Framework. You need to add the *standalone* spring-security-crypto module to your classpath to get this class, as shown in the reference documentation. This standalone module has no other dependencies. For those already using Spring Security 3.1 as their security framework, which again is a separate project from Spring Framework 3.1, you don't have to do anything since the crypto classes are bundled in the spring-security-core artifact. This is explained in the reference documentation and quick start. It's either that or we depend on commons-codec, and I'd prefer for us not to depend on commons-codec since the Base64 implementation from Spring Security Crypto is preferred.

Lets keep it professional, alright? This is the second post where you have ordered us do something you want. We are a open source community and we should treat each other with respect.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith Donald; Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry. I put my foot in my mouth there
      ended up reading your other post on the forum about the same issue and i realized I made the same mistake thinking the two are related. I'll pull that single class in.
      Once again sorry for jumping the gun.

Comment

Hi Donald,

Can you please suggest where I can get spring-security-crypto module. Can't find it anywhere, even at http://s3browse.springsource.com/bro...work/security/

Thanks,
        Igor

Comment

The Spring Security Crypto module can be found at https://s3browse.springsource.com/br...curity-crypto/. As a Maven dependency, it looks like this:

Code:
          <dependency>
             <groupId>org.springframework.security</groupId>
             <artifactId>spring-security-crypto</artifactId>
             <version>3.1.0.RC3</version>
          </dependency>
          And you'll need to have Spring's milestone repository configured in your pom.xml:

Code:
          <repository>
          	<id>org.springframework.maven.milestone</id>
          	<name>Spring Maven Milestone Repository</name>
          	<url>http://maven.springframework.org/milestone</url>
          	<snapshots><enabled>false</enabled></snapshots>
          </repository>
          All of this is covered in the overview chapter of the Spring Social documentation (static.springsource.org/spring-social/docs/1.0.x/reference/html/overview.html).

Comment

Working...
          X