Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearing 1.0.0.RC1: Your feedback appreciated

Dear Spring Community,

We're very nearly ready to push the first release candidate of Spring Social. We're putting the final touches on it now and plan to publish Spring Social 1.0.0.RC1 next week (Tuesday or Wednesday). This will include Spring Social's core and web modules, as well as the Twitter and Facebook provider modules. (The remaining provider modules will remain at 1.0.0.M3 for now.)

As we near the release, we would appreciate it if you could work with the latest snapshot builds (which should be near-identical to what will be in RC1) and respond to this forum post if you have any feedback, problems, or suggestions to help make the RC1 release the best it can be.

Thank you all very much for participating in Spring Social!

Testing with the new daily snapshot and I was on a much older daily snapshot so I see alot of chagnes in ConnectController. any possibility to request
    private addConnection(...) method be declared as protected
    we have our own Controller extending this one and would like to do something different in addConnection instead of just saving it to database so i thought this would be agreat place to hook in child class and
    if we need db stuff we'll do super.addConnection(...) and or for certain connections/logic flow we'll skip addConnection to database but keep it temporarly for those users that optin for this option.
    Though it's not a big design decision and pretty small change so please consider making addConnection protected.
    thanks.

Comment

created jira task for above.
      https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIAL-199

Comment

Working...
      X