Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Issue when trying to sign-in to greenhouse using linkedin account Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue when trying to sign-in to greenhouse using linkedin account

Hi
    I just tried accessing the greenhouse project online and signing-in using linked in and got the below Exception. This happened after I got routed to the linked in sign page and provided my credentials.

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletExceptio n: Request processing failed; nested exception is org.springframework.web.client.HttpClientErrorExce ption: 404 Not Found
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.p rocessRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:863)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.d oGet(FrameworkServlet.java:756)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:617)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:717)
    org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$ VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java: 328)
    org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept. FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInt erceptor.java:116)
    org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept. FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityI nterceptor.java:83)
    org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$ VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java: 340)
    org.springframework.security.oauth.provider.OAuthP roviderProcessingFilter.doFilter(OAuthProviderProc essingFilter.java:173)
    org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$ VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java: 340)
    org.springframework.security.oauth.provider.OAuthP roviderProcessingFilter.doFilter(OAuthProviderProc essingFilter.java:193)
    org.springframework.security.web.authentication.Ab stractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(Abst ractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:187)
    org.springframework.security.oauth.provider.OAuthP roviderProcessingFilter.doFilter(OAuthProviderProc essingFilter.java:193)
    org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionT ranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilt er.java:95)
    org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionMa nagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.ja va:100)
    org.springframework.security.web.authentication.An onymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuth enticationFilter.java:79)
    org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.Securi tyContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(Securit yContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:54)
    org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.Requ estCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilt er.java:35)
    org.springframework.security.web.authentication.Ab stractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(Abst ractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:187)
    org.springframework.security.web.authentication.lo gout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:105)
    org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityC ontextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPe rsistenceFilter.java:80)
    org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.Ch annelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFi lter.java:144)
    org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy. doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:175)
    org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterPro xy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
    org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterPro xy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)
    org.springframework.web.filter.HiddenHttpMethodFil ter.doFilterInternal(HiddenHttpMethodFilter.java:7 7)
    org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilte r.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
    org.springframework.web.flash.FlashMapFilter.doFil terInternal(FlashMapFilter.java:54)
    org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilte r.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)

Hmm... can't reproduce it... I just disconnected from LinkedIn, logged out of LinkedIn, and connected again and it worked fine. Is it happening every time for you? What browser are you using BTW?

Comment

I tried now and am still seeing this issue (Today morning is the first time I got to try this). I tried on IE 7, IE 8 and Chrome.
      This is what I did:
      Typed in https://greenhouse.springsource.org
      Clicked on the Sign-in link
      Clicked on 'Sign in with LinkedIn'
      Provided my linkedin username and password
      Clicked on 'Ok I'll use it '

This is when I get the error. Wondering if I'm missing something.

Comment

Crazy, I can't reproduce it on Firefox or Chrome at least, but seriously doubt it'd be a browser issue anyway. I don't really understand the stack trace, there is not much detail there at all. Will check the logs. Can you tell what URL LinkedIn is redirecting you back to? Also, do connecting to the other providers exhibit the same problem or just LinkedIn? Thanks, Keith.

Comment

The logs on the server provide an additional hint:
          Code:
          7-Jun-2011 12:24:28.922 SEVERE org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet appServlet threw exception
           org.springframework.web.client.HttpClientErrorException: 404 Not Found
                  at org.springframework.web.client.DefaultResponseErrorHandler.handleError(DefaultResponseErrorHandler.java:75)
                  at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.handleResponseError(RestTemplate.java:486)
                  at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:443)
                  at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.execute(RestTemplate.java:401)
                  at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.getForObject(RestTemplate.java:199)
                  at org.springframework.social.linkedin.api.impl.LinkedInTemplate.getUserProfile(LinkedInTemplate.java:60)
                  at org.springframework.social.linkedin.connect.LinkedInAdapter.setConnectionValues(LinkedInAdapter.java:43)
                  at org.springframework.social.linkedin.connect.LinkedInAdapter.setConnectionValues(LinkedInAdapter.java:30)
                  at org.springframework.social.connect.support.AbstractConnection.setValues(AbstractConnection.java:172)
                  at org.springframework.social.connect.support.AbstractConnection.initKey(AbstractConnection.java:135)
                  at org.springframework.social.connect.support.OAuth1Connection.<init>(OAuth1Connection.java:57)
                  at org.springframework.social.connect.support.OAuth1ConnectionFactory.createConnection(OAuth1ConnectionFactory.java:59)
                  at org.springframework.social.connect.signin.web.ProviderSignInController.oauth1Callback(ProviderSignInController.java:149)
                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                  at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:185)
                  at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:126)
                  at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:100)
                  at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:502)
                  at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:465)
                  at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:80)
                  at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:863)
                  at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:792)
                  at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:851)
                  at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:756)
                  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
                  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
                  at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:328)
                  at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:116)
                  at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
                  at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:340)
                  at org.springframework.security.oauth.provider.OAuthProviderProcessingFilter.doFilter(OAuthProviderProcessingFilter.java:173)
                  at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:340)
                  at org.springframework.security.oauth.provider.OAuthProviderProcessingFilter.doFilter(OAuthProviderProcessingFilter.java:193)
                  at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:187)
          This indicates the callback to LinkedIn to retrieve your profile info retrieved a 404. Is your profile private by chance? I wonder why it is not readable via the API. It make be a bug in our LinkedInAdapter as it relates to certain LinkedIn profile settings. Also, it seems like we're not handling this exception when we should be.

Keith
          Last edited by Keith Donald; Jun 7th, 2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Yes!!..Just realized my profile was not public. I changed my LinkedIn profile setting and I'm not seeing the issue anymore. Thank you!!! (I didnt face issues signing with other providers)

Comment

Working...
            X