Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• response object in OAuth dance using OAuth2 Service Provider

Hi all,
    I am sure I am missing somethign reaaly obvious here. Anyway I hope someone can help me quick . In the Spring Social reference documentation http://static.springsource.org/sprin...eprovider.html there is a block:
    Code:
    FacebookConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new FacebookConnectionFactory("clientId", "clientSecret");
    OAuth2Operations oauth2Operations = connectionFactory.getOAuth2Operations();
    String authorizeUrl = oauth2Operations.buildAuthorizeUrl(GrantType.AUTHORIZATION_CODE, new OAuth2Parameters("callbackUrl"));
    response.sendRedirect(authorizeUrl);
    // when the provider callback is received with the authorizationCode parameter:
    AccessGrant accessGrant = oauth2Operations.exchangeForAccess(authorizationCode, "callbackUrl");
    Connection<FacebookApi> connection = connectionFactory.createConnection(accessGrant);

what is this response object? where does it come from?

Thanks in advance for the help

T
    Last edited by taff; Jun 1st, 2011, 04:52 AM.

The response object is an HttpServletResponse. Although not explicitly stated (perhaps it should be), that block of code is assumed to be in a Spring MVC controller method where the HttpServletResponse is available to perform the redirect to the provider's authorization page.

Comment

Thanks Habuma for that,
      and sorry for replying so late (was on another project at short notice)
      I knew it was something as triial as that.
      I am actually trying to use spring-social from inside apache-wicket.
      Thanks
      T

Comment

Working...
      X