Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LinkedInAdapter.updateStatus() Not Supported Yet

Hi Keith,

Is there a reason why this method is not implemented yet?

I implemented it myself and only took a few lines of code. I am more than happy to contribute my implementation.

Hien

No, we've just been focusing on Facebook and Twitter and can only tackle so much at once. Please do submit a pull request and we'll review and merge.

Thanks,
    Keith

Comment

hluu,

are you going to share that in M4?

Comment

Unfortunately this isn't supported until today!
        If the OP still listens: how did you implement this using just "a few lines of code"? Did you use NetworkUpdateTemplate.createNetworkUpdate()? Because I'm receiving a 405 error using createNetworkUpdate() and it seems that this issues a PUT request while LinkedIn requires a POST request (see post-network-update)

Did anyone succeed in creating a network update via Spring-Social? (I'm using 1.1.0.M1 with spring-social-linkedin 1.0.0.RC1)

Comment

Yep, as was mentioned back then, the primary focus was on Twitter and Facebook...the LinkedIn project is only recently getting more attention. So, this never was addressed and apparently the OP never issued a pull request. So...unless someone steps up and submits a pull request, I'll need to address this (ideally before I cut another RC release in a few weeks).

If you don't mind, could you create an issue for this in Jira (https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIALLI)? Without a Jira issue or a pull request, these kinds of things get lost in the forum over time. I'll be happy to look into it as I ready Spring Social LinkedIn for another RC release.

Comment

I've created https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SOCIALLI-22.

Comment

Working...
            X