X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get Greenhouse to work initially

STS Version: 2.6.0.RELEASE, Windows7-64, but using 32-bit STS and 32-bit (IBM) Java6.

Into a brand new directory:
    git clone git://git.springsource.org/greenhouse/greenhouse.git

Import the project and the following messages are written, leaving several compilation errors in the Java code from missing classes.

Hi,
    This was due to the fact Greenhouse was depending on Spring Social BUILD-SNAPSHOT, and recent Social API changes broke the app. I've since fixed this by having Greenhouse simply use Social 1.0.0.M2 until we complete the M3 upgrade which is in progress. There is now another issue where some Greenhouse functionality fails to work due to a bug in the latest Spring Framework 3.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT... this bug has been reported and I anticipate it'll be fixed shortly.

Greenhouse is pushing the envelope with both SPR 3.1 and Social/Mobile/Android, so it's likely there will be some bumps like this through the milestone phase of these projects. We'll do our best to keep master working completely.

Keith

Comment

I've tested Greenhouse master against the latest SPR snapshot and the known issues are resolved. Let me know if you have any other issues.

Keith

Comment

Compilation errors gone with fresh clone. Thanks.

Comment

Missing POM depndendencies

I downloaded greenhouse project on April 20th so I assume I got all the right pieces. Yet, I am still experiencing dependency errors as shown below.
          Any suggestions?

4/22/11 3:44:34 AM EDT: Missing artifact org.springframework.security:spring-security-web:jar:3.1.0.CI-SNAPSHOT:compile
          4/22/11 3:44:34 AM EDT: Missing artifact org.springframework.security:spring-security-taglibs:jar:3.1.0.CI-SNAPSHOT:compile
          4/22/11 3:44:34 AM EDT: Missing artifact org.springframework.security:spring-security-config:jar:3.1.0.CI-SNAPSHOT:compile
          4/22/11 3:44:34 AM EDT: Missing artifact org.springframework.mobile:spring-mobile-device:jar:1.0.0.M3:compile
          4/22/11 3:44:34 AM EDT: Missing artifact org.springframework.social:spring-social-core:jar:1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT:compile
          4/22/11 3:44:34 AM EDT: Missing artifact org.springframework.social:spring-social-facebook:jar:1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT:compile
          4/22/11 3:44:34 AM EDT: Missing artifact org.springframework.social:spring-social-twitter:jar:1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT:compile
          4/22/11 3:44:34 AM EDT: Missing artifact org.springframework.social:spring-social-linkedin:jar:1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT:compile
          4/22/11 3:44:34 AM EDT: Missing artifact org.springframework.social:spring-social-tripit:jar:1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT:compile
          4/22/11 3:44:34 AM EDT: Missing artifact org.springframework.social:spring-social-web:jar:1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT:compile
          4/22/11 3:44:34 AM EDT: Missing artifact org.hibernate:hibernate-validator:jar:4.1.0.Final:compile

Comment

Well, I'd just try doing a fresh mvn -U clean install after pulling the latest code.

Keith

Comment

Working...
            X