Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackberry interface for existing Spring MVC app

Hi,

Appreciate if someone can provide any reference documentation and examples for developing Spring MVC based blackberry supported web application and or exposing existing Spring MVC application to blackberry and other mobile devices?

Thank you.

Re: Blackberry interface for existing Spring MVC app

I don't understand, you are looking for running Spring MVC on Blackberry or you have a Spring MVC-based application that you wish a Blackberry application to integrate with?

Comment

I wish to make existing application available on Blackberry and other devices. Providing custom interface created for these mobile devices and not rendering desktop version of the web pages?

Comment

Spring MVC is not available for either Android or Blackberry. As a matter of fact, there is no cross-platform framework that will allow a developer to create a single app and allow it to run on multiple devices (iPhone, Android, Blackberry) other than Rhomobile which is Ruby-based.

Now, both Android and Blackberry development is Java-based but each has it's own APIs along with a striped-down version of the Java JDK. So, a Android-based application will not be able to run on a Blackberry unaltered because you would have relied on Android-based packages not available on a Blackberry and the inverse is true.

Comment

That's correct. That's why I mentioned custom interface for mobile devices. Can you point me to some tutorials which can help?

I've a basic idea that we need to detect agent type and based on that render the webpage appropriately.

Comment

I don't understand, what are you looking for that http://www.springsource.org/spring-mobile does not provide or the Greenhouse example application?

Comment

Working...
            X