Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE on win XP detects as mobile

Hi all,
    My system env is IE8 on win XP SP3.

I have application which detects client device(mobile or not) and displays corresponding page.
    I am using spring-mobile1.0.0.M2 and wurfl-2.0.26.
    When try to access my application through IE8, it displays mobile page.
    How to solve this?

Got your wurfl config handy and the web browsers patch file you're using?

What does it detect as exactly? Can you dump the user agent and capabilities that are mapped?

Keith

Comment

Ya, I got wurfl config xml file, but what is "web browsers patch file"?
      My app detects as
      [WurflDevice mobile=true, id=generic_windows_phone_os_7_desktopmode, userAgent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7)]

Comment

Take a look at the wurfl-showcase sample over at git.springsource.org/spring-mobile/samples.

Comment

I couldn't understand anything from the mentioned url. Can you kindly explain?

Comment

The URL points to a Git repository containing Spring Mobile sample applications. To checkout the repository, run:

Code:
            git clone git://git.springsource.org/spring-mobile/samples.git spring-mobile-samples
            If you do not have Git installed on your system, I suggest getting yourself a Github account and reading http://help.github.com. While the Spring Mobile project is not hosted at Github at present, Github does provide a lot of generally useful information about working with Git.

Once you have checked out the project, simply review the wurfl-showcase sample code and adapt it to your needs. You can build and deploy the project from the command line with Maven. The project is also importable into Eclipse and deployable to a embedded server using Eclipse WTP.

Keith

Comment

I have had a similar issue with Firefox 3.6.13 on WinXp being detected as a mobile device using WURFL. The work around that I figured out was to add a patch to the web_browsers_patch.xml supplied by WURFL. Now the issues I am having (not sure if this should be it's own thread) is that I want to keep my custom patches seperate to the WURFL's. In that hope I created my own patch file and am attempting to add it to the application-context as

Code:
              	    <bean class="org.springframework.mobile.device.mvc.DeviceResolverHandlerInterceptor">
              			<constructor-arg>
                              <device:wurfl-device-resolver root-location="/WEB-INF/wurfl/wurfl-2.0.26.zip" patch-locations="/WEB-INF/wurfl/web_browsers_patch.xml, /WEB-INF/wurfl/buzztrak_browsers_patch.xml" />                
                          </constructor-arg>	    
              	    </bean>
              Even thou the DTD for wurfl-device-resolver states that patch-locations accepts a comma-seperated list of files. I get the following error

Code:
              java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\springsource-tool-suite-2.5.1\tc-server-developer-2.1.0.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\wtpwebapps\buzztrak3-web\WEB-INF\wurfl\web_browsers_patch.xml, \WEB-INF\wurfl\buzztrak_browsers_patch.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
              	at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
              	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
              	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66)
              Any thoughts?

Comment

Hmm... it's possible that could be a defect, if multiple patch locations are not working as expected. Can you confirm it works with a single patch location? If so, then that's suspect. You can report the defect at http://jira.springframework.org/browse/MOBILE

Keith

Comment

Working...
                X