Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some misunderstandings with redirections and css

Hi,

I'm trying the lite-showcase example from GitHub and I've came across some things I don't fully understand. For example:
    - I've added some different css files depending on we are navigating to normal, mobile or a tablet device.
    - If I open the normal page I can see that page with the styles from normal.css. Then if I click on mobile preferences, the page changes and takes the look within mobile.css.
    - However, if I navigate back to normal preferences and home page, it seems normal.css isn't apply then. If I import normal.css within the body tag, styles are apply again. But it doesn't seem a good workaround to me.

Any ideas?

Regards.

That's curious. So you simply added a different stylesheet link to each view, corresponding to normal, mobile and tablet?

Comment

hey,

thank you for answering. Yes, that's the case.

I've just forked the project and commit the changes I made to it in case you want to a look.
      https://github.com/IvanFernandez/spr.../lite-showcase

If I only add the css in the head section of each view nothing seems to happen when I change preferences. Each view get the stylesheet (if any) from the first visited view. If I add them within the body section it works but not completely...

I think there's something weird with the org.springframework.mobile.device.site.CookieSiteP referenceRepository.SITE_PREFERENCE cookie because when I navigate from mobile from table view, it retains the value of mobile ...

Regards.

Comment

Looking at your project, I recommend adding the c tag notation to your css link. Maybe that will help. I'm testing with the lite-showcase to reference normal, mobile, and tablet stylesheets. I only added one link to the <head> section (as seen below) for each view type. The styles are updating correctly for me when navigating back and forth.

Code:
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="<c:url value="resources/normal.css" />" type="text/css">

Comment

Thank you Roy!. I will take a look at it.

Comment

Working...
          X